Thursday, May 23, 2013

Rings


Rings


These rings remind me of who I am now
Bound to you, forevermore.

Around my fingers, waist, and under my eyes you'll find your promise
No sign of leaving and these parties I throw are getting crowded
Too much of myself to take and I always come close to breaking.

You sold yourself so short, for so cheap, for so long,  that now you’re alone in a crowded room with familiar faces, in every breath,  in old places, and you’re turning blue
but it's only noticeable to you.

The same air, could it have changed? It feels so thick in my lungs now.
It’s so hard to take it in now.
Like a cigarette smoked for comfort.
What a beautiful lie.

I've cut the ties that held me to the shore
Drift away with the tide and maybe I'll find a view I never knew before,
Everything looks better from a distance, anyway.

So I empty myself in fragments, pour out my soul.
The rings are less restraining, when there's little left to hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment